I tend to ignore most memes because I feel like they are starting to get out of hand, but this one is a little different and it has the potential to greatly benefit all of those who get involved.
I ran across a post by Gary Lee, who is the creator of this train, which is basically like the familiar chain-letter-tag-you’re-it type meme with a multi-level-marketing-type-but-not-as-stupid twist added in. This one is based around the Technorati favorites feature.
I’ve had a Technorati account for a year now and have not added any favorites, so I thought I could do this and kill two spiders with one flip-flop. Plus, I haven’t seen any SEO blogs pick this up yet. We can’t let everybody else pass us up!
So, this is how it works:
- Click here to Add me to your Technorati Favorites
- Come Back to this Post and Leave a Comment that you have Added me. Use your own Technorati Fave link in the comment so I know where to go. (i.e. http://technorati.com/faves?sub=addfavbtn&add=http://www.YOURDOMAIN.com)
- I will go through my comments and then add you to my Technorati Faves list as well.
Now here comes the train part:
***Start Copying Here:***
Here are the rules:
1) Write a short introduction paragraph about what how you found the list and include a link to the blog that referred you to the list.
2) COPY the Rules and ENTIRE List below and post it to your blog. To avoid duplicate content and increase the amount of keywords your site can accessible for, go ahead and change the titles of the blog. Just don’t change the links of the blog.
3) Take “My New Faves” and move them into the “The Original Faves” list.
4) Add 3 Blogs that you’ve just added to your Technorati Favorites to the “My New Faves” section. Remember to also add the “Fave Me” link next to your new blogs. (i.e. http://technorati.com/faves?sub=addfavbtn&add=http://www.YOURDOMAIN.com)
5) Add Everyone on this list to your Technorati Favorites List by clicking on “Fave the Site.” (Please FAVE EVERYONE on the List prior to posting the list or a Kitten will Die Alone in a Dark Alley Tonight). Those who want good kharma will fave you back. If not, you will for sure get the benefits of faves from the bloggers who continue this list after you.
My New Faves
The Original Faves
Kid Disco – Fave the Site*
Stephen Fung – Fave the Site
Ed Lau – Fave the Site
QMusings – Fave the Site
Gary Lee – Fave the Site
Dosh Dosh – Fave the Site
Nate Whitehill – Fave the Site
Ms. Danielle – Fave the Site
Jeff Kee – Fave the Site
Scribble on the Wall – Fave the Site
Jimi Morrisons Head – Fave the Site
Jon Lee – Fave the Site
Samanathon – Fave the Site
Eat Drink & Be Merry – Fave the Site
The Man of Silver – Fave the Site
Hannes Johnson – Fave the Site
My Dandelion Patch – Fave the Site
Nathan Drach – Fave the Site
SiteLogic – Fave the Site
Julies Journal – Fave the Site
Tea & Slippers – Fave the Site
The Thinking Blog – Fave the Site
Pencil Thin – Fave the Site
Garry Conn – Fave the Site
* – Me
***End Copying Here***
That’s it! There’s no tagging going on with this one. If you happened to come across this post, just go ahead and join in!
Here are my current Technorati vitals:
Is this as good of an idea as I think it is? I guess we’ll see… hopefully I’m not the tree that falls in the middle of the forest! 😛
Do it… Do it!